Marine Transport Logistics offers Roll-On/Roll-Off [RoRo] service specializing in the transport of all types of rolling stocks [cars, trucks, boats on trailers etc], project cargo, heavy lifts, oversized cargo and containers from USA to any destination.
Vehicles are driven or towed on and off the ship using the ship’s own ramps. This service is designed to accommodate cargoes which cannot be stacked but which vary in height it is ideal for such special trades as West Africa particularly in the petro-chemical, mining and construction industry.
- Heavy machines, trucks, cars and all other vehicles such as excavators, front loaders etc. can be transported on RO/RO vessels, which are equipped with a ramp
- The cargo can Roll On and Roll Off on its own wheels or on Mafi-Trailers
- Transformers, big crates and other oversized cargo can be lashed onto Mafi-Trailers to guarantee smooth and secure handling during transportation by sea.
- Such dedicated service highlights our commitment to the deployment of modern, versatile and energy-efficient vessels on the West Africa trades.
- Important information regarding u.s. customs inspection procedures:
- Any and all shipments arriving to or departing from the usa are subject to and can be inspected by the u.s. customs and border protection. u.s. customs randomly pulls containers for inspection at the port for security & safety reasons. the inspection can be done either at the terminal by x-ray, open visual inspection, or by transferring the container to a bonded warehouse and doing a total de-vanning of the container for inspection of contents.
- All charges incurred from the ocean line and/or the bonded warehouse as a result of the u.s. customs inspection is the total responsibility of the shipper. if these charges are not paid within the given time frame, then the shipper can incur additional storage fees and penalties, with the possibility of their cargo being seized.
- Marine Transport Logistics is not responsible for any of the charges resulting from u.s. customs exams because Marine Transport Logistics is acting on behalf of the shipper, and they do not hold title or ownership of the shipment